Friday, November 12, 2004

Marriage needs a lot more explainin' than just saying it's 'man and wife'

John Kelso, in the Austin American-Statesman, gives the first persuasive argument I've seen against same-sex marriage:
I can sort of see where these people are coming from because, well, you know how guys are when they get together and the problems that can lead to, when you don't have a woman around to lay down the law. Two guys get married and instead of yard work, being guys, they just want to go out to the lake and drown some worms. And pretty soon the front yard looks like hell's half acre.
I can state without equivocation, based on my own experience, that he's right. This is why we have a yard guy.

Hey, if two-guy couples tend to hire yard guys and cleaning ladies, does that imply that same-sex marriage leads to higher employment? And if there were such a trend, would lesbian couples offset it or reinforce it?

Gee, I wonder what box How to Lie with Statistics is in. I think I've hit a fit topic for it.

No comments: