Wednesday, July 27, 2005

My life, in a nutshell

Today is the first time in many weeks that I've managed to get up at a reasonable hour to devote a full day to work.

Yesterday I spent most of the day doing estimates for a couple of semi-large jobs. Fun. Today, assuming at least one of them gets approved, I'll start work. I feel better when I'm really working, and the resulting checks, though possibly a long way off, are pleasant to contemplate.

Ron's off to Maryland for a presentation today; he'll be back tomorrow. Dad is in good spirits, though as always very tired and short of breath. I'm taking him out tomorrow to run a couple of errands and then we'll have lunch somewhere.

Friday we're leaving for a week at Ron's sister's beach house (yay!). Somewhere along the way I need to assemble a week's worth of junk-food reading and develop a playlist in iTunes. I also need to call the cat-sitter, buy litter, and start reassuring the kitties.

Life is good.

No comments: