Friday, December 03, 2004

Fellowship of the Ring: Customized Cell Tones

From washingtonpost.com:
In a short time, in a public way -- while on Metro, or in line at Starbucks, or inside a movie theater -- ring tones signal who you are. Or who you want people to think you are. It's a special stamp, a personal touch. Are you a Maroon 5 kind of guy? Are you a Shakira kind of gal?
I'm puzzled by this. I'd be hard pressed to think of any piece of music I'd care to hear every time my phone rings. I try to stick to simple tones that sound more or less like a ringing telephone. Unfortunately, I don't really like any of the tones available for my current phone. Doesn't anyone else just want the damned thing to ring? The fanciest I'd want to get is the tone the hotline makes in "Our Man Flint." Now there's a cool ringtone.

No comments: